Let the DIYing begin!

July 31, 2015

I know it's been so long since I've last posted something original. My only excuse is that for the past five months we've been caught up in the midst of moving. You know how they say moving is one of the most stressful life events that you can experience? You might rolled your eyes and thought it ridiculous? Well, live in a house for 8 years. Fill up your garage, basement and attic with boxes and furniture and knick knacks so high that you can't walk through without having to demonstrate a little gymnastics. Have your mother sell her house, pack up all HER things and move in with you and THEN tell me that it's not as stressful as they say;-) And that's leaving out all the stress that went along with FINDING just the right house that fit EVERYONE'S needs. And everyone had needs....lots...of....needs....

So now we are seven people living in a 3,000 sqft, 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath house (which I have to confess, could still use an extra bedroom and bathroom) but it's soooo much nicer than living in our old 1,200 sqft, 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath house. Though I did have a soft spot in my heart for that old little house. Molly was only 11 days old when we moved in and now she's 8 YEARS old! At times I loved it. At times I hated it. One thing was for sure, walking through the empty rooms one last time, I was going to miss the place. For a small home, it had character!
So now we are here in our new home OFFICIALLY. The POD was just moved from our driveway (YES, we have a driveway!) for final pickup yesterday. All the boxes have been opened and put away. Now all that's left is the mild task of painting, staining, scraping, sewing, painting some more, grouting, cutting, digging, more painting, screwing, sweating, scrubbing, lifting, painting and lastly....painting. BUT, though all of it I hope to include you in our journey. I just bought a miter saw yesterday and have a project in mind. A chandelier. It will be the second chandelier I've made. The first one I made for our old house (see below left) and I think it's fitting that my first project should be a chandelier for our new house. I can't wait to share it with you. With a little luck it will hopefully look something like this (below right).           
           
Funny story. I was at Lowe's getting that miter saw I told you about among other things. One of the employees came up to me and asked if I needed help (which I did) and as he was giving me advice he was saying things like "He'll" like or "he" might want;-) My friend Beth said "At least he's wasn't laughing at you or grilling you on how you intend on using said tools." True. THAT wouldn't have been as amusing.

So hopefully now that those boxes are put away I can focus a little more on DIY and get back into the swing of blogging. I have taken all my "before" pics and I'm ready to start taking some "afters".
PS
Did I mention our house has an ice cream truck that comes on Wednesdays? How awesome is that?!

1 {comments}:

Trish said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm glad you found a place for all of you! Moving IS stressful! Our family is in the middle of it right now and my mom keeps telling me I need to write a book on the story of this move. I don't know if I have quite enough material for a book, but I'm sure I have enough for at least a pamphlet. lol If it's not one thing, it's another!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...