Tea and Scones Frock

December 10, 2015

I've owned this dress for years! I found it at a thrift store, still with tags! I bought it and always thought I'd finish it sometime in the future. Every time I sifted through my closet looking for something new it hung there giving me the stink eye. Obviously it was not the right size.
Just to show you how simple it is to take a very unflattering dress and make it super fitted and flattering I outlined the places in which I pinned and sewed. Basically I flipped the dress inside out, pinned close to my body in these places and stitched.

The key to making this dress work was taking it in at the shoulders. That lifted it so that the waist fell correctly at my natural waist.

I wore this to a presentation on England that Molly had to do for school in which we were passing out tea and scones. I think we can agree how appropriately cute this frock was for the occasion;-)
The next time you see a cute frock in the thrift store (or even a regular store) that doesn't quite fit right try pinching it in the places I trimmed mine and see if it might work!

1 {comments}:

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

We love your dress, its so great in style and colours :-)

We wish you a Merry Christmas.

Maria & Tina
http://www.mariahoffbeck.blogspot.com

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...